Sweetland Presents Live at Wild Leap: Rebirth Brass Band with Maggie Koerner & Front Porch Collective
September 7 @ 8:00 pm - 11:59 pm EDT
Sweetland Amphitheatre announces a new music series in partnership with Wild Leap Brew Co. sponsored by Pure Life Studios. The three-part concert series will be hosted by Wild Leap Brewing Co. on the outdoor plaza stage or inside of the brewhouse, depending on weather conditions.
The three-part series will feature national, regional, and local acts, showcasing genres of music from southern rock to bluegrass to funk and soul. Local food vendors will be present at each concert. In addition to the wide variety of craft beers offered by Wild Leap Brew Co., Sweetland will be offering wine and mixed beverages.
Rebirth Brass Band: Whether seen on HBO’s Treme or at their legendary Tuesday night gig at The Maple Leaf, Grammy-winning Rebirth Brass Band is a true New Orleans institution. Formed in 1983 by the Frazier brothers, the band has evolved from playing the streets of the French Quarter to playing festivals and stages all over the world. While committed to upholding the tradition of brass bands, they’ve also extended themselves into the realms of funk and hip-hop to create their signature sound. “Rebirth can be precise whenever it wants to,” says The New York Times, “but it’s more like a party than a machine. It’s a working model of the New Orleans musical ethos: as long as everybody knows what they’re doing, anyone can cut loose.” In the wake of the sometimes- stringent competition amongst New Orleans brass bands, Rebirth is the undisputed leader of the pack, and they show no signs of slowing down.
Wild Leap Brew Co. is turning 1 and we’re throwing the biggest bash Downtown LaGrange has ever seen to celebrate!
• Live Music from Honeywood Music, OTIS, & Universal Sigh
• 20 Never Before Seen Beers, Exclusively For This Event Released EVERY HOUR!
• Wild Leap Favorites Including: Local Gold, Chance IPA, Alpha Abstraction Series, Sunvale, Island IPA, BeerMosa, Bourbon Lab Series and more!
• Local Food Vendors
• Brewery Games
• College Football on the TV’s
YOUR TICKET INCLUDES:
• Admission to the event
• Special Commemorative Wild Leap Cup
• 1 Ticket for your first beer (or non-alcoholic beverage)
• All ages welcome. Tickets required for all attendees 12 or over. Under 12 admitted free with adult ticket-holder
• One drink is included in the cost of admission. Additional beers, soda and bottled water and food can be purchased at the event with cash or credit, which will be available at multiple areas throughout the venue
• No outside food or beverage is permitted
• Due to the size of this event, no pets are allowed (except service dogs)
• Presale Tickets Guarantee Entry. Event Will Likely Sell Out In Advance.
• All sales are final. No refunds or exchanges. This is a rain or shine event.